Re: Using numbers as key equivalents

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Using numbers as key equivalents
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:48:02 +0100

Hi Wolfgang,

can anybody confirm that numbers (1,2,3,...) do not work as key equivalents in menu items. I usually use them to quickly access the page sof an inspector. This works on MacOSX as expected but not no GNUstep!?

They certainly work for me (and have always worked AFAIR). For instance, the inspector
panes in GWorkspace have shortcuts Meta-1, Meta-2, Meta-3, and Meta-4. Probably something
else which is wrong (maybe your window manager intercepts those keys)?

Indeed, I just fired up Sun java Desktop (GNOME) and there it works. Good to know it's no GNUstep issue.

I am using Window Maker (latest version from blastwave). What Window manager are you using?

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Andreas