Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:03:07 +0100

On 2007-02-19 21:08:26 +0100 Stefan Bidigaray <address@hidden> wrote:

I know you already wrote yours, but there's also this program, which sounds
like the same thing you're doing:
Last time I tried using it I couldn't do anything! It's definately not intuitive, and the UI could use some work. It doesn't look like it's being
actively developed and has had only 1 release (v0.1).

Yes, I looked at it and couldn't really get it working. I thought about using these code base but prefered to learn step by step. It's probably a waste of time but no harm is done, it's just my time :o)

I'll have to get home to check out your application but I really don't like
the idea of more dependencies, eventhough I understand it might be

You have a point. It's not really a hard dependency, I currently use a small part of ChronographerSource API so I could get rid of it easily if needed. But the decision must be made before I start using other parts of the API to avoid unnecessary work later on.

Anyway, thanks for your comments,
Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot