Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:41:09 +0100

Nicola Pero wrote:

I completed an implementation of customizable filesystem support for GNUstep (which includes
Linux FHS) and committed that to trunk. :-)

If you only want stable code, stay away from trunk for a few days still.

So I finally upgraded GNUstep make and immediately hit a problem with GNUstep.csh.
When sourcing that file I get an error
  csh: Variable name too long.
Turning on verbose, it the problem is in filesystem.csh in the line
  if ( ! ${?GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_DOCUMENTATION_MAN} ) then
May I suggest using shorter names for the environment variables (e.g., suffix DOC instead of DOCUMENTATION or omitting DOCUMENTATION altogether for the
man and info paths).

Regards
Wolfgang

P.S.: This happens for tcsh version 6.12 (which is installed by default on
OS X 10.4 and also on Solaris 10).