Re: Make fails on a GNUstep Debian etch distribution

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Make fails on a GNUstep Debian etch distribution
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:23:53 +0100

Hi Fred,

we were asked to build our source tree (frameworks, applications,...) on a GNUstep Debian etch installation (only our own code is allowed to be built from source). The GNUstep stuff is installed in /usr/lib/GNUstep.
Demo applications (Calculator,..) do work. I got he first of our
frameworks built and now have

/user/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/SRMapKit
 /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Frameworks/SRMapKit.framework

Building the second framework that depends on SRMapKit fails with

 Compiling file SRUMNMapRequest.m ...
SRUMNMapRequest.m:2:30: warning: SRMapKit/SRMapKit.h: No such file or
directory
SRUMNMapRequest.m: In function '-[SRUMNMapRequest executeRequest]':
SRUMNMapRequest.m:11: warning: pointer type mismatch in conditional
expression
SRUMNMapRequest.m:48: error: cannot find protocol declaration for
'UMNMapServerProtocol'
SRUMNMapRequest.m:49: error: cannot find protocol declaration for
'UMNMapServerProtocol'

The protocol UMNMapServerProtocol is defined in SRMapKin/SRMap.h which
is included in SRMapKit/SRMapKit. Why is this beast not finding the
framework and the headers? What am I missing?

Thanks a lot!

Is this problem still relevant

Yes, unfortunately!

or has it been resolved by switching to GNUstep trunk?

I am not sure what you mean! Have I missed a mail?

Regards,

  Andreas