Re: a web-browser UI concept

From: Brad Collins
Subject: Re: a web-browser UI concept
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:55:44 -0800

Riccardo <multix@ngi.it> writes:

> Novel? oh, please... My lont/time favourite browser Mosaic had a
> detachable toolbar since long, long (on unix).

I could be wrong, but Omniweb was running on NeXT before Mosaic was
working on Windows or Mac.

I remember including OmniWeb screen shots in presentations when I
was living in Hong Kong at least as far back as '92 or '93.

I think I downloaded my first copy using ftp by email, even before
there was any public dialup Internet access in Hong Kong and the only
email service available was UUCP thru AT&T....

When dialup did come out, the only way to get my colorslab to use SLIP
was a really ugly kernal patch....

So, yeah, Omniweb goes a ways back.

b/

--