Re: Request for Discussion - GNUstep @ Linuxtag, Berlin?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Request for Discussion - GNUstep @ Linuxtag, Berlin?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:41:02 +0100

hns@computer.org wrote:
> As I wrote before, GNUstep could find a lot of interest and new users
> at LinuxTag in Berlin end of May.
>
> Unfortunately, it is a more user-oriented fair with much higher
> quality standards, 4 full days of presence (no devrooms or developer
> meetings in parallel) and therefore much different to plan than
> FOSDEM. The good thing is that participation is also free (beer) for
> open source projects.
>
> It looks like only the first deadline has passed, but not the final
> one.
>
> Anybody interested in supporting and volunteering such a
> participation? Especially the (other) guys from Germany?
>
> Maybe someone can comment, who has already participated as exhibitor
> at LinuxTag and share opinions.

I have been to one LinuxTag before, while it was still situated in
Karlsruhe, which is right around the corner, but found it rather dull
there. It is a Germans only event and although I had a few interesting
discussions with developers at that time, the LinuxTag has in general
more a business/public meets Linux projects concept.

What we would like to have, a day or to, where we could sit together and
evolve on GNUstep and its different aspect, just wont fit in during that
time. We wont have a developers room and some of us would have to sit at
the booth all day long.

If we decide to have a meeting in Berlin, I would of course try to make
it there, but what is the extra benefit of the LinuxTag?

Fred