Re: WebKit Bounty

From: Camille Bourgoin
Subject: Re: WebKit Bounty
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:20:29 +0100

On 2007-03-02 09:39:50 +0100 Chris B. Vetter <chris.vetter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/2/07, Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/2/07, Chris B. Vetter <chris.vetter@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Keep in mind that the whole SVN checkout is roughly about 550MB of
>>> code... WebKit uses Xcode and/or Bakefiles. So you'll need to make
> [...]
>> OMG! no way! Thats BIG!
>> I think i would rather start playing with expat and focus on xhtml and
>> other xml stuff.
>
> I'm not sure how recent my checkout is (some time around December, I
> think) and how much of it IS actual code. There's tons of testing
> stuff as well. But still, even if you divide it by 2, it's a lot...

In my opinion, a web framewok is absolutely essential. What is the
best solution ? Starting a Framework from scratch ? Using a preexistent
lightweight engine ?

I'm not a programmer (I'm a philosopher and I'm a poor beginner in
sh/lisp/C/objective-c who learn a lot but can't doing nothing :(
), then I don't realize correctly the amount of work of porting a
Framework like WebKit... Is the project unmanageable ?

--
Deux augures ne peuvent se regarder sans rire.
        -+- Cicéron (106-43 avant JC) -+-