RE: TIFFRpresentation problem

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: TIFFRpresentation problem
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:18:25 -0800

Fred Kiefer wrote:

> Half Activist wrote:

> >     i wrote a little application, that locks focus on an NSImage,
> > draws to it, then unlock the focus.
> >     I then try to get the TIFFRepresentation data, but it always
> > returns nil.

> This currently is a limitation of GNUstep.

I'm among the ones who would be very pleased to get this working.

> Should we create bitmap representations for images as well and draw
into them
> or allow to grap the content of a cached image representation and
return it as tiff?
> The later may not be to hard to implement.

What would be the difference for the user? I do not know internals well
enough
to make an opinion, my own attitude is to strive for clarity and use the
most
straigtforward approach.

It would be really great to have
 [NSBitmapImageRep -representationUsingType:properties:] also working,
at least for JPEG.

Thank you,
Tima