Re: GNUstep for Engineers

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: GNUstep for Engineers
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:12:23 +0000

Hi Adam and folks,

A N-dimensional 'tensor' class would be useful, it wouldn't nescessarly require linear algebra functions for how I intend to use it. I would more likely use it as a N-dimensional 'storage space' to set and get values.

Does anybody have any in put on how this might be realised? Adam has obviously done a lot of work with arrays and matrices so I thought you might have some idea. Are you aware of any pit-falls in this approach?

So far I have made my own 1D, 2D, 3D and 4D classes, but this approach (at least my implentation!) is cluncky and not very satisfying to say the least. It would be nice to unify these classes into one and just be able to specify some dimensional space of a certain size.

Cheers,

Dan.