Re: Spreading the word (was: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007)

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Spreading the word (was: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:43:40 +0100

Am 15.03.2007 um 22:07 schrieb Yen-Ju Chen:

On 3/15/07, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars.sonchocky- helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:

Am 15.03.2007 um 20:42 schrieb Adam Fedor:

> Good News!  GNUstep was accepted as an organization in Google's
> Summer of Code 2007. Now the work begins. Please go to the SOC wiki
> page:
>
> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Summer_Of_Code_2007
>
> I need people to:
>
> 1) Go through the project list carefully and make sure the projects
> are relevant and useful and everything we need is there
> 2) Sign up to be mentors!
> 3) Sign up to be students.

Somebody blogging (ideally somebody who blogs on a regular base and
has a blog that supports digg) should blog about this and then we
could try to get into the limelight here http://digg.com/programming.
We would need about 40 to 50 diggs to get to the frontpage then
(should be no problem if everybody here helps "digging").

Btw. KDE already does this: http://digg.com/programming/
KDE_participating_in_Google_Summer_of_Code_2007

 We can just digg the wiki page.
 If you really want a blog, I have one here:
 http://gnustep.blogspot.com/

Great! I think a blog is better here (and you link the wikipage in it) since those little digg buttons seem to make the difference (I remember submitting a story on digg ( http://digg.com/programming/ GNUstep_does_what_Apple_can_t_Extend_Cocoa_to_Linux_Windows ) which never came across to reach the critical mass because of a missing digg button on Greg's blog.).

I think your blog entry needs to be extended somewhat to make it a more interesting and relevant read, I can do it, just give me some time to write something (which I'll mail to you in turn). And then digg, digg, digg!

 It is not fancy and I have no idea how many people view it.
By the way, if people want to join as authors or GNUstep want to use it,
 just let me know.

 Yen-Ju

regards, Lars