Re: NSInputStream event question

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSInputStream event question
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:51:13 -0000

On 28 Jan 2007, at 05:16, Tima wrote:

Hi list,

I've send similar question before, but I'm not sure it did get through.
Sorry if you see the duplicate.

I'm learning how to work with NSStreams. I made an application
that uses NSInput/OutputStream pair for local socket.

Everything works as expected (base-1.13, gui-0.11, Linux) except that
I do not get NSEventErrorOccurred in the case of errors, when the server
process is stopped, for instance, or there is no socket file.

It seems that events are not being sent until after the stream is opened, and since the stream fails to open the event does not get sent.

I think this behavior is a bug in the stream code. But I'd like to check the behavior of similar code on MacOS-X to be sure.

As a workaround you could check the stream status immediately after the call to -open