RE: Was GNUstep ready for GNUstep ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Was GNUstep ready for GNUstep ?
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:45:11 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks Yves ... a few comments:

 0. yes, you should upgrade! :-)

 1. if you find something that is not ready for gnustep-make 2.x, fix it and
submit patches to the authors ;-)

 2. if you find anything that is not ready on the GNUstep repository, send me
the patches (or just the bug report) and I'll fix the makefiles and commit the
changes myself

 3. if you can't fix an external software, I'll fix it for you.  Just send me
the code / a link to the code :-)

 4. I actually already submitted patches upgrading their makefiles (in a
backwards-compatible way) to a few external projects (I tested gnustep-make 2.x
on a variety of random GNUstep projects I downloaded from the internet), but
I'm not sure the changes were ever incorporated as I don't think I got any reply

Finally, ProjectCenter is particularly difficult because it's not just a matter
of compiling the program, but the program itself is creating/maintaining
makefiles.
I guess I'll slowly update/fix it as reports come in.

Thanks

PS: And upgrading to gnustep-make 2.x can't harm too much because it you use it
in the same way as you used gnustep-make 1.x, everything (well, almost) should
work the same