Re: KVC

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: KVC
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 22:20:55 +0200

Ok,

found another thing ;-) GNUstep KVC breaks with Unicode keys! Eg:

  [self takeValue:urks forKey:@"Helge Heß"];

produces an exception because the ß can't be converted to ASCII. I recommend switching the conversion to UTF-8.

Please remember that KVC is not just for accessing methods but for arbitary key/value combinations.

Thanks,
  Helge

PS: the above happened in SOGo when the code first attempts to resolve an object (based on a CN) via KVC and only then resorts to other mechanisms. (we do not really key on that name, but we do key other stuff in the same namespace).