Re: Scroll/Redraw problems when running in VMware Fusion

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Scroll/Redraw problems when running in VMware Fusion
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:24:06 +0200

Hi,

Just recently, I have tried to install the latest svn co (as of yesterday) in a virtualized
Debian Etch install.

Running the GNUstep-gui based applications, I have noticed that the various view objects (which allow scrolling) not updating the entire view contents--causing the views to "smear" text within themselves (e.g. ProjectCenter's scrollview)

I have tried both cairo and art backend to see if it was a libgnustep-cairo issue, but both had the same results. Also wondering if my X configuration was bad, I installed/ran/scrolled the statically compiled Opera 9.21 browser which did
not result in smeared page rendering.

Would this be a configuration error on my part? (vmware drivers were compiled)

This sounds like a known bug with the scrolling in the cairo backend ... are you sure you were using the art backend? Perhaps you built the art backend but were still using the cairo one?

Try

/opt/GNUstep/System/Tools/defaults write NSGlobalDomain XWindowBufferUseXShm NO

Regards,

  Andreas