Re: KVC

From: Chris Farber
Subject: Re: KVC
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:55:37 -0400

Helge,

The other thread about KVC and unicode reminded me of this email. Are you talking about the behavior of valueForKeyPath: here?

Thanks,
Chris

On May 28, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Helge Hess wrote:

I just noticed a minor difference between Cocoa and gnustep-base KVC. Both support the new

  -setValue:forKey:

method.

However, on Cocoa -takeValue:forKey: still seems to be called if the method isn't implemented (I suppose to ensure compatibility). On GNUstep it just fails (the unknown key exception).