compile error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAddressView

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: compile error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAddressView
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 02:10:54 +0800

Dear all

In order to experience the latest development of gnustep I decided
(follow suggestion on this list) to compile it myself, on my Ubuntu 7.04

Basic packages compile & install just fine without any error message nor
complains. I used GNUStep Startup package collection which install 4
basic packages for me all together.

Then compile gnumail, not surprisingly it asked for Pantomime, so grab
the latest source package from Pantomime website and installed it. Then
gnumail complain lack of Addresses. Also get the latest version from
website (0.4.6) and this time I cannot compile Addresses.

Type "make" end up with this error message:
Making all for app AddressManager...
 Linking app AddressManager ...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAddressView
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [AddressManager.app/./AddressManager] Error 1
make[1]: *** [AddressManager.all.app.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/zhangweiwu/Desktop/Addresses-0.4.6/AddressManager' make: ***
[internal-all] Error 2

Looks like I am lacking something called AddressView. I do find a
package on Ubuntu called libaddressview-dev but having it installed
doesn't help (I guess ubuntu simply installed libaddressview-dev to the
wrong path because base packages are compiled by myself which might be
located in /usr/local/lib/GNUStep )

I try to look for a package called addressview or libaddressview on
gnustep.org website, nothing found. Also not so much reference of such
package exist on the web.

So where do I go from here?

Thanks for any help!

Best Regards