Re: NSMethodSignature porting issues

From: Jens Ayton
Subject: Re: NSMethodSignature porting issues
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:36:02 +0200

Me:

> Under OS X, -[NSMethodSignature methodReturnType] returns a string identical
> to the @encode() string for the return type. For instance, given the following
> method declarations:

On second thought (well, fifth or sixth thought), I could simply compare to
methodReturnTypes from a template class. It's interesting how exposing your
thinking to others helps you find the gaping holes in it.

Still, it'd be interesting to know whether the behaviour I was getting was
intentional, since methodReturnType seems to be providing information that
isn't related to the method's return type.

--
Jens Ayton

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?