[ANN] Sudoku.app Bug Fix Release (Sudoku4.tgz)

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: [ANN] Sudoku.app Bug Fix Release (Sudoku4.tgz)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 02:15:10 +0200 (CEST)

Dear friends,

this is the news concerning Sudoku.app:

Fred Kiefer kindly pointed out that the Sudokus with few clues were not
solvable. More precisely, there existed multiple solutions due to digits
being absent from the initial templates. Hence all permutations of absent
digits would work. (I would not describe these puzzles as insolvable, as
my program only outputs solvable Sudokus.)

Anyhow, this problem is now fixed. As I am no Sudoku expert I'm grateful
for bug reports like the one Fred sent. The present algorithm also picks
out combinations of clues that require the user to make few choices as she
progresses in solving the puzzle. For combinations with few clues, even
distribution across the board is ensured and every digit is present in the
initial configuration.

This is the URL: http://www.gnustep.it/marko/Sudoku/. (Look for
Sudoku4.tgz or Sudoku4.zip.)

Best regards,