Re: Non-root user problem on Solaris

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Non-root user problem on Solaris
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 00:29:54 +0200

Hi Haim,

Can anybody confirm this and/or has a clue what is going wrong here?

Only confirming that something does work on Solaris:
I managed to install current GNUstep release on SPARC Solaris 10
and got a test application to work. All with just one backend - arts.

I do not have root access to these machines, all as a regular user.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I suppose it's some kind of permission problem. I am just trying to find the location in the GNustep tree where GSCurrentServer() is defined. This functions returns nil for me when not being logged in as root!ß :-(

I will let you know what I find...

Regards,

  Andreas