RE: The future of GNUstep (was: Open URL in NSWorkspace)

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: The future of GNUstep (was: Open URL in NSWorkspace)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:52:05 -0700

Richard Frith-MacDonald wrote:

> If that Richard is meant to be me ...

Yes. No offense meant!
Now I do not know whether to apologise for not writing your family name
or to stress that simple "Richard" means you thremendous contribution
and influence.

> I'll just go on record publicly here as saying that the above is
untrue.
> My position is the same as that of Greg and other developers ... in
favour of OSX compatibility,
> but that does not stop any of us being disgusted by some of the
MacOS-X bloat, and does not in the
> slightest imply that 'OSX rules'.

I was sloppy formulating this, as Markus Hitter says, it's rather "Cocoa
rules".

> It's perfectly possible to aim for compatibility (for portability
purposes)
> while deprecating the use of poorly designed APIs.

I would need some time to answer this and Gregory's post.
Gregory, thank you for prompt response.

Thank you,
Tima