Re: focus problem

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: focus problem
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:04:05 +0200

Hi Yen-Ju,

  Here is the same patch, but apply on -gui when window is closed.
  Therefore, it will not affect the situation when window loses focus,
  but not closed (application switching).
  The idea is the same: transfer focus to another window before it
gets unmapped.
  This patch does not fix "key focus on wrong window", "window
flicking", nor "menu disappear after last document minimized".
  It only fixes the "menu disappear after last document window closed".

I see. However, this problem does not occur under Window Maker anyway (even without your gui patch) and got fixed under Azalea with my little application-aware fix posted a few days ago.

So here we have what is left:

• flickering in overlapping windows when switching between applications (does only occur in Azalea, not Window Maker) • menu disappears after last document is mimimized (does not occur under Window Maker, probably fixed in Azalea with my application-aware hack)
• garbage characters at the end of window titles in Azalea
• switching applications with launchApplication: does not set key focus correctly, at least not if the target application is already running. Switching with the Window Maker Dock does work, so some extra magic seems to be in charge here

Any ideas?

Regards,

  Andreas