Re: New ProjectCenter Icons

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: New ProjectCenter Icons
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:10:11 +0200 (CEST)

>> Finally: http://www.gnustep.org/experience/ProjectCenter.html says
>>
>> "ProjectCenter is GNUstep's integrated developement environment (IDE)."
>
> So is there any other IDE to use GORM with?

Sure - there is emacs ;-)

Everyone has got their favourite program for editing code and
organizing project files.  These programs are general-purpose
development environments that can be adapted to work with GNUstep
easily and nicely.  Eg, emacs has got an objc mode, a makefile mode,
hit button to compile, hit button to step to next error, etc. (and
btw it works in a command line terminal without requiring X Windows).

It's great to have our own IDE, but we need to keep in mind that
many people will keep using their general-purpose IDEs.  And that's
not a problem, it's a GNUstep feature ("works in your favourite IDE")!

They still need to use Gorm to edit NIB files (if they need to),
so Gorm should be able to interact nicely with other programs / work
with almost any IDE.

It sounds like a good idea to have Gorm and PC work particularly well
together though.  They could detect each other and integrate nicely.

Thanks