Problem building gnustep on RHEL 4 for PPC 32

From: Wolfgang Sourdeau
Subject: Problem building gnustep on RHEL 4 for PPC 32
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:18:39 -0400

Hi,

I recompiled gnustep 1.13 on that architecture (gcc 3.4) and now I get:

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so.1.13: R_PPC_REL24
relocation at 0x0fe44220 for symbol `strcmp' out of range

I saw somewhere that this was becuase of a conflict between pic and non-pic
elements in the library but I double-checked and all the files are really built
with "-fPIC".

Does anyone have any clue about that problem?

THanks!

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Sourdeau
T: +1 514 989-2000 ext. 2602   C: +1 514 755-3520

AVIS - Ce courriel pourrait contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou
privilégiés. Si vous n'en êtes pas le véritable destinataire, veuillez nous
aviser immédiatement. Merci.
NOTICE - This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. Thank you.