Re: GNUstep Apps, iPhone.

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: GNUstep Apps, iPhone.
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:11:55 +0200

But he, we could provide a full AppKit for the iPhone!

Nice idea!

But it might be a little questionable what the benefit is since Apple will provide an SDK for Non-AppKit applications for the iPhone. And the effort to spend to glue our AppKit to the graphics system of the iPhone will be quite high (it is neither X11 nor Cairo nor display postscript...)

IMHO it is much more interesting to serve other non-iPhone devices by a GNUstep based SDK... Apple is developing towards a new monoply and that deserves a separate open source solution...

Nikolaus