Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:06:21 -0800

On 11 Nov., 03:57, Gregory John Casamento <greg_casame...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> A few (tongue in cheek) suggestions I have for a slogan are:
>
> * "GNUstep - The greatest API you've never heard of!"
> * "GNUstep - We ain't WindowMaker, Jack!"
> * "GNUstep - Not your father's Cocoa!"
> * "GNUstep - Differently Thunk."
>
> *smiles*

Yes, I agree that a nice slogan can help focus ourselves and others.
All the proponents of GNUstep can then use it to explain to others
what GNUstep is in just a few words.

A good slogan describes what the products of a brand can be used for,
not what they are (or what they are not). Look at e.g. Nokia's
"connecting people". It creates a connection to the users ("people",
i.e. everyone). And "connecting" - everything Nokia dos helps users to
connect. There is some inherent claim of user benefit in the slogan.

The first level of users of GNUstep are developers who should use
GNUstep for creating great applications. So, the first target audience
for the slogan are OSS developers. And the key benefits for developers
are: open, easier to use, higher productivity, robust/mature and
complete API, powerful, for real-world applications, platform
intependent, compatible.

Let's try a first shot on what we can make out of that (I am sure you
can improve on that):

"GNUstep - boost your (open source GUI) developement productvity"

Nikolaus