Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:02:48 -0800 (PST)

Mark,

I, personally, could take or leave forums... I don't care one way or the other.
  The issue I have with this discussion is that you have yet to show any valid
and compelling reason to change *beyond* "that's what everyone else is doing."

If you could enumerate some advantages, aside from that, that forums have over
mailing lists, I would be glad to consider it.

The advantages of mailing lists, as I see it are:

* It actually comes to you.   You always know when there's a new message
because it appears in your inbox.  You don't need to go and check on a webpage
for it
* You can easily locate your last read message.  With a forum, you need to
browse backwards until you find the last read message.
* There tend to be more "help me" messages on a forum.
(Probably more...)

Later, GJC
--
Gregory Casamento -- OLC, Inc