RE: Native widgets (was: Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable developme

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: Native widgets (was: Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:19:59 -0800

Fried Kiefer wrote:

>Nicolas Roard wrote:

>> Yes, file chooser should use the native one.

> I don't agree here. Using native file chooser or other common
> dialog panels will be break the look and feel of a GNUstep
application.

I agree with Fred here. I personally have no problem with "non-native"
look
of an application in an "environment" as long as the application itself
is
cool and powerful.

On the other hand I'd see a huge value in fact that application won't
require porting:
it will work, say, on Windows, exactly same way as it was polished, say,
on Linux.
I'm afraid that changing widgets would require additional porting effort
when switching
to another platform.

Thank you,
Tima