Status of JIGS, RIGS, GNUstep Guile, StepTalk

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Status of JIGS, RIGS, GNUstep Guile, StepTalk
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:12:31 -0500

As some of you already know we're currently in the process of updating the website to better portrait GNUstep to the world.  To achieve this goal, I feel fairly strong about advertising JIGS, RIGS and the Guile bridges.  I was able to find some info on JIGS and RIGS but I'm still not sure if they can be used with both -base and -gui.  The JIGS docs still talk about using -gui with 0.8.0 while the current release is 1.5.5.  As for RIGS, all I know is that it's not "bullet-proof".  I wasn't even able to find info on GNUstep Guile, so I'm completely in the dark (I know it introduces scripting to GNUstep, but don't StepTalk already do this too).  As for StepTalk, there's quite a bit of info but I still wasn't able to find a status report on it (GNUstep website still says latest version is 0.8.1, yet the version in Debian is 0.10.0, what gives?).

I'll need more info for other libraries later on, but that's for another time.

Stefan