Re: Need Windows Conversion

From: Larry Applegate
Subject: Re: Need Windows Conversion
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:59:10 -0800

Thanks Adam, that is very helpful.

-Larry

On Nov 16, 2007, at 11:48 AM, Adam Fedor wrote:

On Nov 15, 2007, at 2:42 AM, Larryapple wrote:

Our time is short, and the tape utility is a diversion from our other
objectives. We would greatly appreciate any advice, and are willing to pay for help in implementing this project. The tape utility already includes a tape emulator class which reads and writes the tape format to and from disk, so actual SCSI hardware will not be needed for the development. Once it works for the emulated tape drives, I can easily add the real hardware
support.

It seems from your description that it wouldn't be too hard to create the app on Windows using GNUstep. You might look at

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Deployment_on_Windows

and

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/ README.MinGW

for info on deploying the application so that the user does not need to install GNUstep first.