Re: GNUstep slogan - discussion and voting

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: GNUstep slogan - discussion and voting
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:07:32 +0100

Maybe we find a compromise, something that tells facts and makes people curios at the same time. I liked the proposal of markjoel60, because it also mentions NeXT:

"GNUstep - For every developer who's ever asked: What's Next?"

IMHO this might leave >50% of people puzzled with another question: what is "NeXT"? My experience is that people who know "NeXT" also know GNUstep.

And many know GNUstep for being something old fashioned. So it is not about making GNUstep better known. It is about making known that it is now useful for them (if they are users) and for their users (if they are developers) and is not at all old fashioned.

Again, I don't think learning facts about what GNUstep is is the key problem. Curious people know how to use Google and Wikipedia and there they find the whole story.

They simply don't believe that GNUstep has any benefit for them. But statements like "GNUstep - boosting your development productivity" or "GNUstep - making your users smile" expresses a key benefit in just some words.

Nikolaus