Re: GNUstep theming (was Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in L

From: Dr Tomaž Slivnik
Subject: Re: GNUstep theming (was Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:31:31 +0000

I suppose I should declare a vested interest - i.e. one of me having *some* nice platform to work with.

Windows never was that.
Apple could have been that when they bought NeXT, but Mac OS X is becoming increasingly more painful to work with. Linux/Solaris/other Unix by itself (without GnuStep) is great but lacks that OpenStep functionality.

If GnuStep sells out, there will be *no* alternative with any potential left me for me to use *at*all*.

A problem for me - but a big opportunity for GnuStep. Because I don't think I'm the only one in this position.

Tomaž