Questions about GNUstep Startup

From: TMC
Subject: Questions about GNUstep Startup
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:13:05 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to understand GNUstep Startup better. It is like a metapackage,
right? It just downloads and installs the necessary packages. In that case,
I think we ought to remove the individual packages from the repositories;
the packagers need only maintain Startup. Also that would be a good way to
consolidate all the knowledge in the platform-specific build guides.

Am I off base or is this what the purpose of GNUstep Startup is?

--Tycho Martin Clendenny