Re: Simple Web Kit status

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: Simple Web Kit status
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:04:43 +0100

Hi,

On 2008-02-08 12:38:52 +0100 "hns@computer.org" <hns@computer.org> wrote:

right before FOSDEM it is the appropriate time to write a little about
the status of SWK, our pure-Objective-C WebKit re-implementation.
advertising is never bad !

I have now added History and the Back-Forward list management, so that
navigating through the Web really becomes possible.
that is cool news!

There is only one major known performance issue that will show up: if
a script changes a DOMTree element, we currently rebuild the full
NSAttributedString that represents the web page. This can become a lot
of work for large pages. But there is room for optimization by just
rebuilding a subrange.
first things shall work reasonably, optimizaiton can come later...

And, there is Vespucci, the SWK based GAP Web Browser.
Indeed. I also made the makefiles to compile SWKBrowser on GNUstep too.

So, try, test, enjoy, help, ...
I do it every day...

PS: It would be nice to have a demonstration on out FOSDEM stand. Who
plans to bring a working GNUstep sytem?
Unfortunately I can't come,

But if someone wants to show of Vespucci and other applications from GAP, I can offer him some tarballs and maybe wirte a short presentation containing stuff I would have said. Anyone?

Have fun,
  Riccardo