Re: Posters for FOSDEM?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Posters for FOSDEM?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:40:41 +0000

On 9 Feb 2008, at 17:56, hns@computer.org wrote:

I am thinking about which posters we should place at the wall behind
our 2m stand...

I think we shall compile is a list of companies using and/or
supporting and/or promoting GNUstep actively (by contributions: e.g.
paying programmers or allowing them to develop on GNUstep using
company resources, submitting bugs, printing leaflets).

Currently I am aware of:
* skyrix.com
* smartsoft.de
* goldelico.com / quantum-step.com

The list at
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_in_production#Corporations_.26_Companies_actively_developing_for_GNUstep
also lists several companies but I don't know the status if they are
still actively (even at a small level) supporting.

Brainstorm (http://www.brainstorm.co.uk/) pays Nicola and myself, and its main (Dragon) product consists of a load of interoperating servers written in Objective-C with GNUstep-Base, with a GUI wrapper of Java servlets and a Postgres database.