Re: GNUStep Under Windows

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUStep Under Windows
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:47:07 -0700

On Feb 29, 2008, at 7:09 AM, Darin Bray wrote:

all of the pieces downloaded for GNUStep (for some reason the Objective-C library is missing). I ended up downloading the Core and System Windows installers from the GNUStep website. These installed fine, and appear to have all the pieces. However I am still having issues compiling/linking programs. I believe my problem lies in the include directories for my headers and libraries, possibly my different PATH variables. Could someone who is using this setup give me an example of their gcc command line to build an application, as well as possibly your environment variables I would greatly appreciate it.

Don't try to call gcc directly - it's too hard. Just use makefiles. See the tutorials here:

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/

also see docs here:

http://www.gnustep.org/developers/documentation.html