Re: Problem saving database in AddressManager

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Problem saving database in AddressManager
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:13:38 +0000

You should not remove ME or NEXTID. ME is a symbolic link to your vCard, and without it the address book will not be able to work out which entry corresponds to you. NEXTID contains the number of the next card to create. Without it, you may encounter difficulties when you next create an address book entry.

The one called LOCK is used to get exclusive access to the address book and is sometimes left lying around when AddressManager breaks (which is distressingly often).

David