RE: Error while installing gnustep-base 1.15.3

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Error while installing gnustep-base 1.15.3
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 17:04:22 +0200 (CEST)

> while trying to install 1.15.3, make exits in Tools/ with
>
> [...]
>
> Apparently the problem is with
>
>        if [ ! -f $(GNUSTEP_DOCUMENTATION_MAN) ]; then \
>
> which doesn't exist (anymore).
>
> Changing it to GNUSTEP_DOC_MAN seems to fix the problem,

Thanks Chris

your suggestion is correct - GNUSTEP_DOCUMENTATION_MAN is the old gnustep-make
v1 variable - which was replaced by GNUSTEP_DOC_MAN in gnustep-make v2 to fix
the problem that otherwise we had variable names which are too long for some
shells (eg, GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_DOCUMENTATION_MAN).

The old variable is still supported for backwards compatibility; I suppose you
turned on --enable-strict-v2-mode when configuring gnustep-make ?  (unless the
problem you're having is that your shell is one of the affected ones and
can't cope with the long variable name ?)

Anyway I applied your fix.  It requires gnustep-make v2 but that was already a
requirement for the new gnustep-base releases.

Thanks