Devices for embedded GNUstep development

From: address@hidden
Subject: Devices for embedded GNUstep development
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 01:35:37 -0700 (PDT)

Since desktop systems are decreasing in popularity, notebooks are at
their top attractivity and UMPCs/Handhelds at the horizon, I think we
have to put a little more public emphasis on smaller embedded devices.

I think the main problem for the GNUstep developers is to have a
common handheld device platform to develop for. I know some of you
have a N770 or N800, some others have a Sharp Zuarus. But I don't know
of anyone to own a Neo 1973 (besides me).

To change that, I want to offer something to the community. My company
still has some brand new Acer n30 devices in stock and does a stock
clearing sale at 99 EUR each. And I have the Letux Linux distribution
(based on Angstrom / GPE) which converts the n30 into a nice Linux
PDA. It fits onto a >= 256 MB SD card.

So, I suggest that everyone who wants to have such a developer
platform, gets one, I provide the files for programming Letux on an SD
card and we can organize ourselves towards developing embedded
GNUstep.

Here is the link into the shop:
http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Acer%20n30

Nikolaus