Re: GNUStep + robotics + Linux + webcam + Wirelss + Joystick

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: GNUStep + robotics + Linux + webcam + Wirelss + Joystick
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:36:28 +0200

Hello Henry

Am 25.06.2008 um 23:10 schrieb Henry Acevedo:
The idea is to have one PC as main controller running Linux
and a robot  using a small embedded PC as the Robot brain,

the communication will be via Ethernet wireless using a joystick
and web cam.

where the robot will run Linux without any graphical interface

and I wonder if can GNUstep will help me to achieve this objective [...]

Sure. GNUstep will help you keeping a clean and easily maintainable objective design, with or without GUI. You can use it's distributed objects or lower level C APIs for communication between the both. The big strength of GNUstep is to do graphical applications with the (moderate) complexity of a command line app.

[...] and if I can get some help from the comunity

Your more detailed questions are welcome.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/