disappearing panels

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: disappearing panels
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 20:18:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hi folks,

I am developing a GNUstep application that will have to run under KDE. I have
no choice in the matter, as it's been decided for me. ;-)

I have a problem with Gorm.app and in fact, all other applications I've tried
(not only my own) that only display panels on start-up. This is with KDE 3.5.

When I lauch Gorm with openapp, the icon appears on the desktop but none of the
panels. I cannot make them appear permanently on the desktop. When I
double-click on the icon, they appear briefly, then disappear. The only way I
can actually get to Gorm's panels is to display the application's main menu by
clicking on the icon and force an open dialog. That makes the menu and the main
panels appear permanently.

I have not changed the KDE configuration in any way. Is there some simple trick
to get around this problem?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Marko