Re: Q's about GNUstep (-make & -base)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Q's about GNUstep (-make & -base)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 01:26:41 +0200 (CEST)

>>> 1) Can I use gnustep-make on Linux with colormake or clmake to
>>> colourise the output during builds?  If so, how?  Have googled and
>>> looked through the docs but I can find but no hints there.  I  suspect
>>> it would just be changing 'make' -> 'clmake' somewhere in  the bowels
>>> of the GNUstep directory hierarchy.  Also, how to I set  the default
>>> level of warnings (i.e. turn off those annoying  "warning: multi-line
>>> comment").
>>
>> I'm afraid I don't know colormake and am not familiar with that
>> warning, so I can't help on this one.
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/en/hardy/colormake
>
> http://bre.klaki.net/programs/colormake/

Thanks - that (colormake) is a nice script.

I used it to build gnustep-base as follows:

<download and unpack colormake>
  cd /home/nicola
  wget http://bre.klaki.net/programs/colormake/colormake-0.2.tar.gz
  tar xfvz colormake-0.2.tar.gz

<add it to the PATH>
  export PATH=$PATH:/home/nicola/colormake

<use it to compile gnustep-base>
  cd devmodules/core/base
  cmake

So, all you need to do is then use 'cmake' instead of 'make' and all should
work :-)
That works for me ... and I like it :-)

... even if I find the gray on white hard to read so probably won't use it much
in practice :-/

Thanks