Garbage Collection, Foundation on Linux

From: Vincent Coetzee
Subject: Garbage Collection, Foundation on Linux
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:39:55 +0200

Dear List,

Now that I have realized that I have less days to live than I have lived, I find that hunting down object allocation/release bugs no longer interests me as much as it used to. I have a very large project developed using Objective-C, GCC and libgnustep-base. Has anyone managed to get garbage collection working with Foundation and GCC. When I attempt to engage gc with the compiler switch I get a segmentation fault in gcc. If anyone can suggest some pointers (excuse the pun) I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

Vince Coetzee
macsemantics.com