Re: NSWindowController should be a NSResponder

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: NSWindowController should be a NSResponder
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:44:42 +0100

John Casamento wrote:

Each of the objects in gui knows how to archive itself. Gorm manages the object tree and allows you to edit the objects, but doesn't produce the archive itself... that's done by NSArchiver and NSKeyedArchiver for gorm and nib files respectively.

The change to fix this issue is rather simple. I believe that the initWithCoder: method in NSWindowController calls the super version of that method. What needs to be done is to bump the version of the class and make it so that the current version calls super initWithCoder and the old version doesn't. That should, I believe, solve the issue.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know that the versions of the objects' classes
are encoded in the archives. What I meant is that Gorm should be able
to create backward compatible archives, very much as it can do already
for GNUstep version 0.10.3 etc. In the meantime I found out that the
necessary information is listed in VersionProfiles.plist in Gorm's
Resources directory (patch below). Yet, applying this patch does not
change the pop up button in the file inspector of Gorm documents because, uhmmm, the items of the pop up button are hard coded in GormDocument.gorm
rather than being initialized at runtime from the keys in
VersionProfiles.plist.

Wolfgang