Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:39:19 +0000

This is just a reminder that GNUstep's full support of FHS makes even more important that all software must install into LOCAL unless told otherwise by the user. :-)

Richard reminded me that this - which seems absolutely obvious to me - is not obvious for core packages because traditionally we do install core packages into SYSTEM by
default. :-)

I guess that's somewhat open for discussion then - comments very welcome.

Thanks