GNUstep on 64 bit Windows - Patch for gnustep libobjc submitted

From: Roland Schwingel
Subject: GNUstep on 64 bit Windows - Patch for gnustep libobjc submitted
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:47:21 +0100

Hi...

As already announced some days ago I will now start to submit the patches for GNUstep base/libobjc to be working natively on 64bit windows.

This first patch submitted (patch #6668) in savannah's patch manager covers the libobjc runtime. It is basically fixing gcc 4.4 warnings and only 2 slight modifications for dllimporing/exporting symbols due to some changes in binutils/windows dll loader...

So I hope this can easily be applied.

Some general words: Everything looks quite well at presents, thanks to the excellent work of the gnustep people over the last years for 64bit linux support. We already have the first code up and running natively on 64bit windows! The first patch for gnustep-base will be submitted soon. The basic things appear to work quite nice. Full testing will take some additional time.

There is some issue about length of unsigned and method signatures, but I will outline that in a seperate email.

i.A. Roland Schwingel
--
OneVision Software Entwicklungs GmbH & Co. KG, Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Strasse 9, 93049 Regensburg Sitz der Gesellschaft: Regensburg, Handelsregister: HRA 6744, Amtsgericht Regensburg Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: OneVision Software Entwicklungs Verwaltungs GmbH Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Strasse 9, 93049 Regensburg Sitz der Gesellschaft: Regensburg Handelsregister: HRB 8932,
Amtsgericht Regensburg Geschäftsführerin: Manuela Kluger