Re: make sysinstall/Makefile.preamble/GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: make sysinstall/Makefile.preamble/GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:23:49 +0000

On 19 Dec 2008, at 14:17, Wolfgang Lux wrote:

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

I think the downside of that is that it's easily accidentally deleted so the information is lost if you check out a new copy etc (you would also need a copy of the file in each subdirectory in the package that you might build from).

I still think forgetting ALL this stuff is the best option... I can't really believe that the total amount of time/energy involved in people occasionally forgetting to install where they meant to install or writing their own scripts is likely to ever exceed the amount of time/energy already spent on considering this.

I agree that we shouldn't invest much time on this issue, hence my
proposal which is by way not perfect (and wasn't meant to be). It is
just a very minimal change to make life easier for those who are
somewhat old fashioned and like to install the core packages in the
system domain (and, hey, I *am* old fashioned; otherwise, I probably
wouldn't be using GNUstep on an Apple machine :-)

OK - well you can now do that. :-)

If you check out trunk, all you need to do is:

 cp   core/make/installation-domais.conf   /etc/GNUstep

That's it.  Give it a try. :-)

Thanks