Re: GNUstep release [Was: New Slackware + GNUstep]

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep release [Was: New Slackware + GNUstep]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:07:46 -0700

On Dec 19, 2008, at 2:28 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

OK, so we are doing a new base stable release at version 1.18.0
I committed that version number bump to the stable branch so we can test it and add any tweaks needed. Do we have a definite date for the formal release?

Presumably we want to do a new unstable release using the same code at 1.19.0, skipping the 1.17.0 in order to get back to the situation people seem to expect, where the latest unstable release is the odd minor version number after the latest stable release? If so, this could be done by little more than a change to the version number on trunk.

Yes that sounds right.

I guess it will be a few more days to a release, to let the gnustep- make changes settle down.