Re: How work NSHelpPanel?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: How work NSHelpPanel?
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 06:39:39 +0000

On 27 Dec 2008, at 00:20, German Arias wrote:

Hi, I want make a help panel to my app, but I don't know how work
this. In Mac dev center there isn't information about this class. In
docs.sun.com there is information, but don't work. I do this: I create
a new folder with the name English.lproj and, inside, another folder
with the name Help. Then I create two files (in Help folder) with the
names TableOfContents.rtf and Index.rtfd. Add a new method call
showHelpPanel in AppController.m and connect this with the Help option
in the menu. This method send the message

[NSHelpPanel sharedHelpPanel] ,

don't work. Then, I delete the folder English.lproj, and add a simple
file with the name help.rft. Now, in Project Center, in Project
Inspector a add this file in the field Help file. But, when I run my
app, I get the error

2008-12-26 18:12:19.372 Test2[5361] File NSView.m: 523. In [NSTextView
-initWithFrame:] given negative width

any suggestion?

First create your help document as an rtfd or rtf using something like Ink.app.

If you are using the current copy of ProjectBuilder from svn, you open the project inspector, change from 'build attributes' to 'project attributes', and set the help file in that inspector.

If you are building your app manually, you can either rename your help file to have the same name as your application, or you ca add an entry in your Info-gunustep.plist to specify the name of your help file with the key 'GSHelpContentsFile'.