Re: our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 00:14:29 +0100

Markus Hitter wrote:
> 8. How to integrate GNUstep apps in an Gnome or KDE environment.
> 9. How to take advantage of GNUstep libraries in an Gnome or KDE
> environment.

What we can offer you here is that incomplete attempt to get a GNUstep
binding for DBUS. This, when completed, would allow GNUstep applications
to interact with any Gnome or KDE environment and, in a limited sense,
the other way around as well.
This project was part of last years Google summer of code, but wasn't
fully completed. The code is now waiting in the Etoile code review
repository (at least, it was the last time I heard of it), but there
should be no problem of moving it into the GNUstep repository if anybody
is willing to pick up that code and finish it. (I am hoping on Richard
here, not to mention any names :-) He did such a fine job on the SOAP
coder...)

Fred