Re: our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 02:40:12 +0100

Am 06.01.2009 um 02:25 schrieb David Chisnall:

On 6 Jan 2009, at 00:57, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

- Some updates about what is going on with Étoilé - I read the blog on http://etoileos.com/news/ from time to time and David's runtime stuff, the Smalltalk Integration, Quentin's CoreObject stuff and all the other things interest me very much. Étoilé guys, are you listening? Maybe you can update the talks of your last hackathon a little bit and (re)present those on FOSDEM this year.

I don't think I will make it to FOSDEM - Brussels is expensive at the best of times, and even more so now the pound has collapsed against the Euro. I'd be more than happy to prepare some slides for someone though.

That's really a pity. I am somewhat interested in what you're doing with the runtime and LLVM and would like to hear about your experiences with it.

- an ObjC primer for starters - what is ObjC, how is it related to C, C++, Java and so on. I guess the iPhone and its app store has created new interest in ObjC

I wrote a short series on Objective-C for C++ programmers a while ago (http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1272496) which might have some inspiration for someone.

Thanks for the link!

David

regards,